- PI positive show as higher fluorescence on the 561/LP channel, and express dead cells.
- Size and counts are determined highly precise through electric aperture-impedance (Coulter Principle).
- Viability is shown in the yellow box on top, counts of live and dead cells underneath the scatter plot.
Fluorescence vs. Fluorescence
- Scatter Plot
- FITC – Annexin V positive show as higher fluorescence on the 525/45nm channel, and express the cell marker for programmed cell death.
- PI positive show as higher fluorescence on the 561nm/LP channel, and express dead or necrotic cells.
- This results in the populations shown below
- Healthy: Q4
- Early Stage Apoptosis: Q3
- Late Stage Apoptosis: Q2
- Annexin-/ PI+: Q1